U.S. singer Nick Jonas shocks girlfriend with live-on-air ‘proposal’ stunt
Nick Jonas gave his girlfriend Olivia Culpo a scare at a beauty pageant this week
U.S. singer Nick Jonas gave his girlfriend, former Miss Universe Olivia Culpo, a scare at a beauty pageant this week when he made her think he was going to propose to her on live television.
Culpo’s face was “in full panic” when Nick, while singing, left the stage and approached her. He kneeled next to her, reportedly encouraging the ex-beauty queen to expect that he was going to pop up the question on-air.
“I went down and sang to her, and I [got] on a knee and approached her,” Nick told The Sun newspaper.
“Her face was in full panic. She thought I was going to propose on national TV in front of one billion people.”
The 22-year-old star, who was once part of the Jonas Brothers teen band, has been dating Culpo since August 2013.
- Son to Usher: Dad, you’re not a great singer
- Janet Jackson on Palestine, Syria peace mission
- Lebanese singer Yasmine Hamdan enters Oscars race
- Rihanna named Puma’s new creative director
- Death threats to Egypt singer after anti-ISIS song
- Thousands mourn at Iranian pop singer’s funeral
- Up close and personal with Canadian-Lebanese singer Karl Wolf