Gold iPhones on sale to celebrate Dubai hotel anniversary
London-based company Gold & Co. are behind the glistening creations
To celebrate its 15th anniversary, Dubai’s 7-star Burj al-Arab commissioned the creation of 30 iPhones made of gold which are selling for a whopping AED 47,000, Emirates 24|7 news website reported on Monday.
“To mark our 15th anniversary, we have collaborated with Gold & Co. to create 15 iPhone 6 in yellow & black gold,” Burj al-Arab’s official twitter account said in a post.
London-based company Gold & Co. are behind the glistening creations, 15 of which come in black gold and will be sold only at the opulent hotel.
“These units are limited to 15 units of each and are available to buy only at the Burj Al Arab,” Amjad Ali, CEO of Gold & Co. told the news website.
“Each unit comes with its own gold plated identification and authenticity plaque, showing the units number and IMEI number,” he added.
The black edition of the gold iPhone is selling for the AED 47,900 while the more common gold iPhone is going for 44,900.
- Gold rush? Price on track for biggest weekly gain since 2013
- Bedazzled! Lebanese jewelers make $2 mln bras for Victoria’s Secret
- Hard times for ‘red gold’ divers in Morocco’s El Dorado
- Hollywood fitness trends: All that glitters isn’t gold
- 'Halal wine' with 24-carat edible gold leaf released in Dubai
- ‘Gold fever’ in Egypt
- India’s Midas magnate orders shirt of pure gold for birthday