Footage shows ISIS fighters accidentally blowing themselves up
In one video seen online, a fighter firing a mortar dies after the weapon explodes because he reloaded it too quickly
Recent footage emerging online shows bungling Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters accidentally blowing themselves up in combat.
In one online video, a fighter firing a mortar dies after the weapon explodes because he reloaded it too quickly.
In another, a militant detonates a bomb during a group picture with other militants. Another shows a fighter firing a Kalashnikov assault rifle, only to see it disintegrate in his hands.
Since the release of the gruesome video last week showing the burning to death of captured Jordanian fighter pilot Moaz al-Kasasbeh by militants, the online clips have become popular.
Some have been edited into compilations in the style of a U.S. home movie clip show – with game-show music as a soundtrack.
“These amateurs would find a way to nuke their own soldiers if given the chance,” wrote on YouTube user.
- Video shows Jordanian air strike against ISIS in Syria’s Hasaka
- Jordan: Pilot murder ‘turning point’ in ISIS fight
- Will Jordan go beyond airstrikes to punish ISIS?
- Family of ISIS hostage hopeful she is still alive
- ISIS claims U.S. female hostage killed in airstrike
- Jordan planes launch fresh air strikes on ISIS
- U.N. sets sights on Syria antiquities, ISIS oil and ransoms
- Monitor: More than 30 ISIS militants killed in coalition raids in Syria