Turkish mother ‘strangled son’ for having ‘big ears’
The 37-year-old mother reportedly strangled the boy with a scarf
A Turkish mother has been charged with murder for allegedly strangling her 10-year-old son to save him from the embarrassment of having “big ears.”
Nuray Sacan paid for her son’s cosmetic surgery in Ankara after he suffered bullying at school, newspapers reported.
Unpleased by the results, the 37-year-old mother voiced her dissatisfaction to the hospital staff, according to The Independent.
She then took the young boy to the ladies toilet at the Gazi Hospital and reportedly strangled him with a scarf.
She is believed to have confessed to murdering her son and she reportedly told them that her son’s ears got “even bigger” after the surgery, The Independent added.
“Both his ears had become even bigger after the surgery,” she reportedly said according to news website news.com.au.
“He became very ugly. He would have felt even more ashamed in front of his friends. I did it to save him such embarrassment,” Sacan said.
“I was trying to protect him from a lifetime of pain.”
The mother now is under police custody over the death of her son.
- U.S., Turkey agree ‘in principle’ to train Syria rebels
- Gold’s sparkle lures Turkish savers looking for security
- Outcry in Turkey as young woman murdered after attempted rape
- Turkish PM Davutoglu: ‘I am being wiretapped’
- A mistake Turkey cannot afford
- Turkey’s economy is teetering on the edge
- Turkey’s Erdogan proposes Cuba mosque