Saudi health minister sacked after leaked video shows heated row
In the 27-second video, the former minister is seen loudly dismissing a visibly angry citizen
A recently leaked video involving a Saudi minister in a squabble has been a hot topic in the kingdom.
Health minister Ahmed Khatib was filmed having a heated argument with another citizen, in which he was shouting and making angry gestures.
He was later relieved of his duties in an order by Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz on Friday, with Dr. Mohammed Ali al-Sheikh appointed Acting Health Minister of Saudi Arabia.
In the 27-second video, the former minister is seen loudly dismissing a visibly angry citizen who had come to speak to him about the state of a private hospital in Riyadh.
The row prompted background commotion among the gathering crowd.
Following the argument, Saudi Defense Minister Prince Mohammed bin Salman decided to treat the father of the man who fell out with the health minister.
The incident generated many reactions on social media with one twitter user, @ghazy188, writing: “Health minister sacked after neglecting the health of a citizen. Thank you King Salman.”
إقالة وزير الصحه لسبب إهماله معالجة مواطن شكرآ للملك سلمان #عهد_الحزم_بداء لامجال للمتهاونين— اخبار#روما AS #Roma (@ghazy188) April 11, 2015
Another user, @yahia1423, said that the “dismissal of the Minister of Health is a message from King Salman for the rest of the officials.”
اقالة وزير الصحة رسالة من مقام الملك سلمان لبقية المسؤلين— يحيى القحطاني (@yahia1423) April 11, 2015
Meanwhile, Saudi news website Sabq said Khatib was replaced over his "shortcomings" in dealing with hospitals in the south of the country, where troops are deployed along the border with Yemen.
- Saudi defense minister, interior minister visit families of slain guards
- Turkey offers support to Saudi-led operation in Yemen
- Saudi defense minister meets U.S. House speaker
- Saudi defense minister discusses ‘Decisive Storm’ cooperation with U.S.
- Saudi defense minister meets senior Arab security officials
- ‘Decisive Storm’ destroys Houthi missile stockpile
- Pakistan vows ‘strong response’ to any threat to Saudi
- Saudi defense minister, interior minister supervise ‘Decisive Storm’