Israeli ultra-Orthodox site cuts Kim Kardashian from photo
In an article Kardashian was referred to as ‘West’s wife’
An Israeli ultra-Orthodox Jewish news website has cut Kim Kardashian - one of the world’s most photographed women - from a photo taken of her in Jerusalem this week.
The original photo of Kardashian, her husband Kanye West and Jerusalem’s Mayor Nir Barkat was altered to put Kardashian behind a restaurant receipt. Kardashian was blurred in another.
Nissim Ben Haim, an editor at the Kikar HaShabbat website, said Wednesday they removed Kardashian because she is a “pornographic symbol” who contradicts ultra-Orthodox values.
In an article chiding Barkat for dining with them at a non-kosher restaurant, Kardashian was referred to as “West’s wife.”
Within the insular Ultra-Orthodox community, pictures of women often aren’t shown out of modesty. In January, an ultra-Orthodox newspaper removed German chancellor Angela Merkel from a photo.
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West in Jerusalem for daughter’s baptism
- Kim Kardashian dons a veil on visit to Armenian monastery
- Kim Kardashian jets to Armenia ahead of genocide anniversary
- Kim Kardashian visits Armenian Genocide memorial
- Kim Kardashian will need to have ‘uterus removed’ after next child
- In shocker, David Cameron says he’s related to Kim Kardashian
- Kim Kardashian says ‘God was watching over us’ after car accident
- Top hack attacks of 2014: Love, nudity and politics
- Kim Kardashian lands her first solo Vogue cover
- Concerts, bikini selfies: celebs ring in 2015