Royal officials say Britain’s newborn princess has been named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
The princess is the second child of Prince William and his wife Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge.
The princess is the fifth great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II. She is fourth in line to the throne, after her grandfather Charles, her father William and her older brother George.
William and Kate introduced the baby princess Saturday evening to the world, just 12 hours after Kate checked into London’s St. Mary’s Hospital to give birth. The baby weighed in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces (3.7 kilograms).
- It's a girl! Kate gives birth to new royal baby
- Alice, Charlotte, Diana? Guessing game for royal baby’s name
- Giant teddy bear stunt as royal baby wait drags on
- Girl power drives British royal baby name betting
- British embassy in Beirut celebrates the royal baby, Lebanese style
- Prince Harry promises fun times for new royal baby
- Video: William, Kate, show off newborn royal baby boy
- Prince George: Britain’s royal baby boy name at last
- Chinese fortune tellers see romance in Royal Baby's future
- George and James top British royal baby name betting
- Royal Baby crowning moment for William and Kate