American accidentally shoots himself while guarding ‘Muslim-free’ gun shop
The accident took place on Tuesday outside the ‘Save Yourself Survival and Tactical Gear’ store in Oktaha
One man accidently shot himself in the arm while guarding an Oklahoma gun shop after the store’s owners received death threats for putting up a sign saying Muslims weren't welcome, the local News On 6 reported on Wednesday.
The accident took place on Tuesday outside the “Save Yourself Survival and Tactical Gear” store in Oktaha, a town in Muskogee County.
The county’s sheriff Charles Pearson said the man dropped his gun and a bullet hit him in the arm but he did not identify the man or offer any other details about what happened.
“I saw several of those gentlemen out there yesterday,” Pearson said, adding “the way they were holding their weapons, with the fingers on the triggers, you can tell a couple of these gentlemen have no idea about weapons safety.”
Pearson, meanwhile, defended the men, saying: “Everybody is entitled to say what they feel, and the other people are entitled to tell them how they feel about their opinion.”
- The Brotherhood’s Istanbul conference: Turkey’s message to Egypt?
- Hijab-wearing women say they are being 'turned away' at Egyptian resorts
- Chapel Hill victim’s sister: American Sniper 'dehumanizes’ Muslims
- ‘Halal in the Family’ takes online swipe at anti-Muslim bias
- Matt Dillon puts rare celebrity spotlight on Rohingya
- Obama hosts Ramadan dinner at White House