Madonna gets tearful on stage during Paris attacks speech
Madonna held back tears when she took a moment to acknowledge the Paris attacks during her first concert of the Rebel Heart Tour
Madonna held back tears when she took a moment to acknowledge the Paris attacks during her concert of the Rebel Heart Tour is Stockholm on Saturday.
The 57-year-old singer got emotional when she addressed the packed Arena, asking her fans to give a moment of silence for the victims of the brutal attacks.
"It’s been very hard for me to get through this show up to this point and not forget about what happened last night,” she said in a video that has been circulating that web. “I need to take this moment to acknowledge the tragedy, the tragic killings, assassinations and the senseless endings of precious life that occurred last night in Paris.”
After her speech, fans clapped and cheered in support of Madonna’s statements.
After the show, Madonna took to Instagram to thank her fans, posting:
Before her performance in Sweden, on the night of the Paris attacks, Madonna posted on her Twitter account to show her solidarity.
We Are All Immigrants‼️ #ELLISstory We all bleed the same color......We are all ONE Pray For Peace! In Paris and all around the World— Madonna (@Madonna) November 13, 2015
- Brussels police surround houses seeking Paris suspects
- Hunt for Paris attackers ongoing as two are charged
- Turkey warned France over Paris attacker, says Turkish official
- Facebook accused of ‘selectively sympathizing’ with Paris over Beirut
- World reacts to Paris attacks
- Oil prices up on geopolitical tensions sparked by Paris attacks