‘Selfie-defense:’ People taught how to use a selfie stick as a weapon
A self-defense class for people wishing to use their selfie sticks for protection is now a reality in Russia
Ever pretended your selfie stick was some kind of Samurai sword? Well, now you don’t have to keep up the play fight.
A self-defense class for people wishing to use their selfie sticks for protection is now a reality in Russia.
The classes, reportedly popular with tourists, teach people how to hold the contraption like a sword or a spear.
According to British newspaper, Metro, “instructors at the combat center in Moscow say fighting techniques using sticks have been around for more than 1,000 years so it makes sense to create this distinctly modern take.”
It is not really clear however just how effective a selfie stick can be. Out advice for now? Don’t try this at home!
- Top tips for a selfie you’ll want to post every time
- Understanding the depth of Syrian refugee selfies
- Turkey raids critical magazine for ‘Erdogan selfie’ cover
- From stuffy to selfies: Elizabeth II tries to change with the times
- Refugees snap selfies to celebrate journey to new shores
- The most dangerous Selfie.. on top of a 73-storey building