Spanish beauty claims crown at Miss World pageant
The pharmacy student from Barcelona claimed the illustrious crown after winning over the contest's judges
Spanish model Mireia Lalaguna was crowned Miss World 2015 after beating out 113 contestants from across the globe on Saturday night at a coastal resort city in south China's Hainan Province.
The pharmacy student from Barcelona claimed the illustrious crown after winning over the contest's judges during the 65th edition of the world famous pageant in China's Sanya.
"Without the love I have received from all of the people I have met here, and from all of the people wishing me well and supporting me at home, I would never have gotten to this point," said the beauty queen, according to a statement released by the event's organisers.
"I want to show them and the world that I am deserving of the Miss World title and I hope to do everyone proud."
The pageant's second place was awarded to Russia's Sofia Nikitchuk, while third place went to Indonesia's Maria Harfanti.
- Lebanese wins ‘Miss Big Arabian Beauty’ award
- Dubai beauty crowned Miss India UAE in dazzling pageant
- Beautiful inside and out: Ex-Miss Sri Lanka shelters sex abuse victims
- Meet the beauty crowned Miss Lebanon 2014
- Egyptian beauties get ready for Miss Egypt 2014 pageant
- Moroccan beauty crowned in Beirut-based Miss Arab pageant
- Lebanese beauty grabs Miss Arab USA title
- Dethroned Myanmar beauty queen seeks apology before returning crown
- Miss Russia 2014 crowned amid country tension