Supermodel Rachel Hunter feels pressure to keep up looks
Confesses she has considered plastic surgery after feeling "horrified" seeing photos of herself.
Even supermodels feel pressure to keep up their looks.
Rachel Hunter confesses she has considered plastic surgery after feeling "horrified" seeing photos of herself. The 46-year-old former Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model took to wearing scarves to hide her jowls.
"In real life I was fairly happy with myself. In photos I was horrified," she said. "People were like, 'Why don't you get rid of those deep lines (around her mouth)?'"
Hunter, who has two grown children with ex-husband Rod Stewart, changed her opinion once she began working on her new Ovation series "Rachel Hunter's Tour of Beauty." The 13-episode show debuting Jan. 17 takes viewers around the globe to discover indigenous beauty secrets and how beauty is defined in different cultures.
"After going on this journey and seeing other cultures away went that superficial idea of beauty," she said. "Ideas of beauty are old and need to be shattered. We have no self-acceptance. If we don't enjoy who we are then how can you offer fully any sense of beauty or well-being or longevity?"
- Supermodel Gisele Bundchen mocked for ‘wearing burqa in Paris’
- Cindy Crawford creating 'modeling wars' TV series
- People magazine features ‘world's first size 22 supermodel’ on cover
- Supermodel Gisele says her body ‘asked her to stop’ runway life
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell launches Ebola fashion pop-up