Optimistic Michelle wears sunny shift dress for State of the Union
With delicate loop earrings, rosy makeup and her hair in loose waves, Obama was radiant
The first lady reflected optimism in her outfit for President Barack Obama's final State of the Union address. Michelle Obama wore a sleeveless, sunny yellow shift for the occasion.
With delicate loop earrings, rosy makeup and her hair in loose waves, Obama was radiant. Praise for her look flooded in on Twitter, as did a debate over how best to describe the color of the dress. Was it sunflower? Mango? Tangerine?
Designer Narciso Rodriguez called it a marigold wool crepe dress with a fitted bodice and slightly flared skirt. It retails for around $2,000, but one Twitter poster found it on sale for $628.
- FLOTUS on the track: Michelle Obama makes rap video for college campaign
- Jordan stormy weather dampens Michelle Obama’s now cancelled trip
- Michelle Obama’s Qatar visit praised by Arabs, slammed by U.S. media
- Michelle Obama visits U.S. air base in Qatar
- Michelle Obama to visit Qatar, Jordan to discuss girls’ education
- Beyonce, Billie Holiday: Michelle Obama reveals favorites
- Obama and Beyonce part of Global Citizen fest all-star lineup