Miss Universe winner says next dream is to be a Bond girl
Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach has her eyes set on being a Bond girl
The reigning Miss Universe has her eyes set on her next big dream: being a Bond girl.
Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach returned home to the Philippines for the first time since her crowning — and that awkward moment when host Steve Harvey mistakenly crowned Miss Colombia instead of her. She says she’s using the intense attention she got after that controversy to focus on her causes like fighting HIV and AIDS.
She told a news conference Sunday that she plans to be tested for HIV publicly in New York to encourage other people to be tested.
Asked about her plans after her reign, Wurtzbach replied: “I might be the next Bond girl, who knows? ... That’s the next dream.”
- Miss Colombia calls Miss Universe mix-up a humiliation
- Miss Universe mix-up
- ‘Everything happens for a reason,’ says dethroned Miss Colombia
- Tongue in cheek, Miss Universe host says ‘Merry Easter’
- Miss Universe Paulina Vega refuses to give up her crown
- Trump isn’t center of Miss Universe as pageant crowns winner
- Live TV mixup: Host accidentally crowns the wrong Miss Universe