Hillary Clinton’s top 10 list of why the US shouldn't vote for Donald Trump
The Democratic former secretary of state unloaded on her likely Republican election opponent during a speech
Giving election watchers a preview of what is sure to be a rancorous fall campaign, Hillary Clinton assailed Donald Trump on Thursday night as a potential president who would lead America toward war and economic crisis.
During a speech in San Diego that was billed as a foreign policy address, the Democratic former secretary of state unloaded on her likely Republican election opponent, counting down reasons he is not qualified - from his aggressive Twitter attacks to his emotional outbursts.
Here are the top ten reasons why Americans shouldn't vote for Trump, as per Hillary:
1. “This is not someone who should ever have the nuclear codes.”
2. “They’re not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds, and outright lies.”
3. “I’ll leave it to the psychiatrists to explain [Trump’s] affection for tyrants.”
4. “There’s no risk of people losing their lives if you blow up a golf course deal, but it doesn’t work like that in world affairs.”
5. “This isn’t reality television – this is actual reality.”
6. “[Trump’s} ideas aren’t just different – they are dangerously incoherent.”
7. “Letting ISIS run wild, launching a nuclear attack, starting a ground war; these are all distinct possibilities” with Trump “in charge.”
8. “It’s not hard to imagine Donald Trump leading us into a war just because somebody got under his very thin skin.”
9. “I wonder if he even realizes he’s talking about nuclear war.”
10. “If Donald gets his way, they’ll be celebrating in the Kremlin.”