Fart leads to fire during surgery in Tokyo
A patient’s fart during surgery at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku Ward led to a fire that caused serious burns on her body
A patient’s fart during surgery at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku Ward led to a fire that caused serious burns on her body, according to a report published by the hospital last week.
The incident originally took place in April, however the report was published on October 28 after a committee had to determine whether or not the fart was the cause of the burns, rather than flammable materials in the operation room.
“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation [room], it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report stated.
Hazard and Costa fire warning of Chelsea's title ambitionsChelsea's points tally after 10 games shows they are twice as good as they were at this stage of last season's Premier League campaign, which ... Sports
Burning sulphur near Mosul sends hundreds to hospital, US troops don masksUS officials said ISIS set the sulphur plant ablaze on Thursday during fighting around al-Mishraq, south of Mosul Middle East
Saudi police investigate burning of Jeddah school principal’s carThe vehicle of a school principal in Jeddah was set on fire with many speculating that students were behind the incident Variety
Egyptian puts seriously burned daughter on US flight for medical careInvestigation launched into how the 16-year-old was allowed on the plane with burns on 40 percent of her body Middle East