Poison filled sandwich kills 13-year-old girl in Egypt
Judy Ahmad immediately died, while her younger brother suffered severe vomiting and was rushed to the hospital
13-year-old Judy Ahmad dies on the spot after eating a sandwich with her little brother at a popular restaurant in Alexandria, Egypt.
A security source from the Alexandrian security council told Al Arabiya.net that Major General and Security Director Adel al Tunisi received reports of the death of the young girl after eating a sandwich at the restaurant in the Smouha region.
He said Judy immediately died, while her younger brother suffered severe vomiting and was rushed to the hospital.
The 13-year-old girl was a basketball player at the ‘Sporting’ club.
The investigation indicated that the restaurant workers sprayed rat poison in some of the flanks to get rid of the rats, which than leaked some of the toxins onto the hands of the workers making the sandwich provided to Judy and her brother.
She was immediately poisoned, and died as a result of heart failure.
The brother only ate a small piece of this sandwich and had his stomach emptied at the hospital.
Adel added that the restaurant was closed and the arrest of workers and the prosecution of the restaurant owner.