Saudi doctors find lightbulb in man’s stomach that he swallowed 11 years ago
Doctors at a Saudi hospital in the eastern al-Ahsa region found a lightbulb in the stomach of a 21-year-old man living in the kingdom, it has been revealed this week.
The man went to the emergency department after suffering from fatigue, nausea and a high fever. He underwent several examinations and doctors found a strange object in his stomach.
Al-Ahsa hospital explained that the patient was immediately sent to the operating theater to extract the strange object in his abdomen – that turned out to be a light bulb. According to the patient, he had swallowed the bulb when he was 10 years old.
The operation lasted for an hour and 15 minutes and the patient is now in good health and is expected to remain at the hospital to be monitored for a few days.
Heartwarming moment ex-conjoined Polish twins embrace their Saudi doctorThe girls were separated when they were 14 months old in 2005 by a medical team led by Dr. Abdullah Al-Rabeeah Variety
Meet the Saudi doctor treating Syrian refugee childrenSaudi doctor Mariam Saleh bin Laden, is one of the most prominent women advocates for the Syrian refugee children Features
Saudi doctor beats cancer, advocates women’s healthA Saudi obstetrician and gynaecologist who survived breast cancer twice, gave up her career to dedicate herself entirely to the fight against the disease Features
Hero Saudi security officer rescues 17 doctors from hospital blazeAhmed Awad Anzi, told Al Arabiya the details of what happened and how he rescued the female doctors and children Gulf