A Saudi employer paid for the wedding and honeymoon of her maid whom she considers as "one of her family members."
Indonesian couple Neyyah and Ibrahim had a wedding held in the employer’s house where a dinner was hosted.
The employer’s move to pay for the wedding, hotel stay and honeymoon was welcomed on social media with many commending her for such a kind act.
The employer however did not want her name revealed and did not want to speak to Al-Arabiya.net as she emphasized that what she did was to voice her gratitude to Neyyah.
Family counselor Dr. Zahra al-Maabi told Al-Arabiya.net that Neyyah’s marriage is an example of Saudi employers’ loyalty towards maids.
“There are many employers who are this kind towards maids; however, mostly negative incidents are reported. It’s important to shed light on all these positive acts in order to show this wonderful side of society,” Maabi said.
- WATCH: Saudi police arrest man who slapped woman in viral video
- Saudi woman scientist at the forefront of polymer chemistry research
- Woman in Saudi blames ex-husband for traffic fine
- Saudi woman who filmed Corniche crime honored
- First Saudi woman tourist guide in Madinah
- What we know about the Saudi woman cardiologist honored in New York