The Egyptian government has issued an order for an 80-year-old woman to be taken into care after her son had abandoned her to allegedly “keep his wife happy.”
The elderly woman was seen living on the streets after she was evicted from her son’s house. The woman who saw her filed a complaint on Thursday evening to the Council of Ministers asking to put the old woman in a nursing home.
As soon as the report was received, Ghada Wali, Minister of Social Solidarity, sent a local intervention team in Qalyubia to take necessary measures and find a shelter for the old woman.
The government said that the elderly woman is called Zaynab Sayed Ghoneim Slim; she was abandoned by her son and left on the Thalathini Street in the city of Qalyubia.
Flowing investigations, authorities discovered that she was living with her son who is now refusing to take care of her.
An intervention team transferred the 80-year-old woman to Dar Nasr al-Islam for elderly care in Shubra.
The ministry said that a comprehensive medical checkup will be done on Saturday morning, because she was unable to move and was tired. The ministry added that it will follow up this case until woman gets better.
- WATCH: Heartwarming moment Egyptian mother reunites with son after 29 years
- Doctor of 500kg Egyptian woman makes surprise announcement
- After 3 years in jail, Egyptian-American woman goes home on US military plane
- Egyptian security forces eliminate Sinai monastery shooter
- This Egyptian vlogger traveled to 30 countries in four years