In what seemed to be a bitter public-breakup, an Egyptian TV host was divorced by her husband for going on air without his consent, a video that went viral over the weekend appeared to show.
Presenter Heba al-Zayed from an Egyptian TV channel called LTC was already discussing on her show how divorce has become a trend, given that divorce rates in the country are high.
The presenter answered a phone call on air which appeared to be from her husband.
He then asked her: “why did you go on air [work] without asking my permission?” She the replies to him saying: “I only answered your call on air because I’m so afraid of you.” He abruptly ends the phone call by saying “you’re divorced.”
The presenter later explained that the phone call was staged by the program’s team in coordination with her husband, to go in line with the episode’s topic, according to El-Wattan newspaper.
Al-Zayed explained that she did that to express her views on divorce during the episode in a “practical way.”
- Pakistani villager faces action over plane crash ‘hoax call’
- Google, Facebook partner with French media over ‘fake news’
- The hottest year on record was not a Chinese hoax
- It’s a hoax, says Nigeria minister about report on ‘plastic rice’
- Hell hath no fury: Wife jailed over mistress bomb hoax
- Turkey investigating people who say coup attempt was hoax