In a tragic incident in northern Morocco, a snake charmer was killed after being bitten by a poisonous snake in the middle of his show in front of passers-by.
The incident took place on Monday evening in the touristic city of Martil. The man who made his living out of playing music for the snakes and hypnotizing them was stung by one in his right hand. Despite attempts to rescue him, the man died.
Many Moroccans make ends meet with this profession, chiefly in touristic cities, most notably the city of Marrakech.
The death of the citizen, which was highly foregrounded on social media evoked a general feeling of sadness among citizens especially the inhabitants of the city and the by passers who witnessed the tragic event.
In addition, his death is one among many since an important number of snake charmers to die by lethal poison despite the experience they have in this area.