A picture has been posted to Twitter showing Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz with Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman 19 years ago at Hajj.
The image was posted by Darah Foundation, also known as the King Abdulaziz Foundation For Research And Archives.
It shows the king and his son at a camp wearing the ihram, two white seamless cloths worn by pilgrims during Hajj.
Between 2 million and 3 million Muslims travel to Mecca each year for the pilgrimage - which every able-bodied Muslim has a duty to undertake at least once in their lifetime.
This year’s hajj begins next week.
- Sabotaging this year’s Hajj: Tehran and ‘a few’ in Doha
- Saudi Mufti to Qatar: Obstructing Hajj pilgrims dangerous, unacceptable
- Abdullah Al-Thani hopes ‘Qatar will cooperate to facilitate Hajj pilgrims’
- Saudi Arabia expects 24 percent increase in Hajj pilgrims this year
- Houthis prevent Yemen's pilgrims from Hajj
- Nine British pilgrims bike 3,000 km from London to Medina for Hajj