Your name can now be among many others onboard NASA’s InSight lander travelling to Mars next year.
While you won’t be flying yourself, it is a pretty cool opportunity for all space enthusiasts. All you have to do is submit a small application with the requested details.
Upon your submission’s acceptance, your name will be put on a micro-chip.
You have until November 1 of this year to sign-up. We’ve already done it!
This opportunity was introduced in 2014 when the mission to Mars was first announced and nearly a million people signed up, said Space Flight Insider.
Participants will receive frequent-flier points indicating their participation in NASA’s Mars study, while previous participants can also download their boarding pass.
The InSight lander is NASA’s first mission attempting to study Mars’ core. The mission is set to depart in May of next year and is expected to land approximately six months later in November.
- UAE announces $136 million Mars Science City
- Pakistan court mars Maryam Nawaz Sharif’s dream of becoming de jure premier
- Mars recalls some chocolates due to likely Salmonella presence
- VIDEO: Scientists grow potato under Mars-like conditions in Peru
- Fancy living on Mars? UAE to build city on the Red Planet by 2117