Less than a month after Lebanese star Haifa Wehbe’s ban from acting in Egypt amid conflict with producer Mohammed al-Sobki, potentially banning her from the country, the actress fell into another heated debate.
After holding a concert at the American University in Cairo on Wednesday, the singer-actress was issued a warrant calling her in for investigation before the Egyptian Musicians' Syndicate.
Wehbe immediately took to Twitter to clear-up the situation before rumors and hear-say take over.
In her tweet she says: “I was surprised to hear just now that a journalist submitted a complaint against me to the Musicians' Union because she was against the shorts I wore to the concert at the American University in Cairo. Is this an intentional thing now after all my successes in Egypt, or is this modern look strange to some. Any ways, I’ve been called in for an investigation, or in this case my representative will be investigated.”
Her fans hurried to support her and let her know that they will continue to be there for her amid the controversy.
- Lebanese star Haifa Wehbe responds to ban on acting in Egypt
- Lebanese star Haifa Wehbe promotes Ramadan TV show with seductive photo
- Lebanese diva Haifa Wehbe’s ‘Hijab’ photoshoot angers fans
- Lebanese, Armenian among ‘world’s sexiest nationalities’
- Lebanese bombshell Haifa Wehbe releases first English music video