It was no fairy tale ending for this Dubai couple after their honeymoon abroad was cut short and a divorce was their first decision as a married pair.
The unsatisfied man filed for divorce at the Dubai Sharia Court for lack of intimacy during their honeymoon – which only lasted for a week.
Following tradition, the Arab couple had not been intimately engaged before the official ceremony.
Speaking to Gulf News, a source close to the couple said that the pair did not share an intimate time during their European trip.
“The wife didn’t allow her husband to have consensual sex with her. She even accused him of being tight-fisted and stingy in terms of spending money on her. Meanwhile, the husband accuses his wife of being lavish and one who spends money extravagantly and unnecessarily,” she added.
- Dubai taxi driver to be deported after saying ‘I love you’ to 16-year-old
- Children of divorced expats between the law and choosing who to live with
- Dubai woman demands divorce as husband charges for spending time
- A rundown on reasons for rising divorce rate in Saudi Arabia
- Emirati wife uses husband’s phone to text herself a ‘divorce message’