VIDEO: Qatari man, Thai woman arrested for stealing gold worth over $800,000
A Qatari man and Thai woman have been arrested for reportedly stealing gold from a jewelry shop in Bang Lamung district, Thailand.
CCTV footage emerged of the incident which took place on Monday. The accused, with hooded faces, can also be seen assaulting the shop owner.
The gold stolen, said to have been 50 necklaces, was reported to have been worth over $816,000, which equates to Dh3 mln.
According to the Bangkok Post, Nong Chang police arrested the man, Mohammed Ibrahim al-Malki, and woman, Azizah Undomwattananon, at a house in the district.
With the help of the footage, police were able to track down the vehicle used by the thieves, a Toyota Vios, all the way to Bang Lamung where their house was.
The culprits have denied the theft allegations, said the police.
- Man charged with felony theft of Frances McDormand’s Oscar
- Philippines’ main airport fires contractor over baggage thefts
- Bitcoin miner NiceHash reports hack, theft of its ‘wallet’
- Renoir stolen in brazen theft ahead of Paris auction
- Case of Iraqi soldier claiming organ theft during treatment sparks outcry