The UAE’s Abu Dhabi skyline is set to light up with 500 LED drones in commemoration of the Year of Zayed this weekend.
The event, said to be the first of its kind in the Middle East, will take place on Friday and Saturday at 8:15 pm, reported The National.
The festivity also coincides with the close of the “Mother of the Nation” festival in the emirate.
The Intel drones, referred to as shooting stars, will hover together to form the Year of Zayed logo. The light show will last for approximately five minutes.
We're wrapping up the @motnfestival with the 'Year of Zayed Drone Show’ on Friday and Saturday evenings at 8:15 pm. It will be the Middle-East’s first-of-its-kind drone light show & reflect the values & principles of the late founder of the UAE #YearofZayed pic.twitter.com/5iBnWrKIjU— Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi (@dctabudhabi) March 30, 2018
Saif Ghobash, the director general of Abu Dhabi’s Department of Culture and Tourism, said: “This remarkable event truly captures the emirate’s spirit, which is grounded in heritage and tradition, but with a look to the future.”
“Merging the best of technology and art, this captivating show will enable us to tell the Abu Dhabi story in an impactful way and pay tribute to our Founding Father, using the night sky as our canvas. We would like to invite everyone across the UAE to join us,” he added.
- Dubai collector finds out watch he bought was Saudi king’s gift to UAE’s Sheikh Zayed
- Louis Moinet creates watch inspired by Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Abu Dhabi Crown Prince visits Afghan man who refuses to sell Sheikh Zayed carpet
- UAE’s Mohammed bin Rashid, Mohamed bin Zayed receive Qatari Sheikh Sultan bin Suhaim
- Mohammed bin Salman receives Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed