After being denied shawarma, UAE maid jumps out of moving car in ‘suicide bid’
A Sharjah maid was rushed to the hospital after sustaining injuries in an alleged “suicide attempt” when she jumped out of a moving car.
The woman, a 47-year-old Sri Lankan, has been working for an Emirati family for over 10 years.
The incident took place in the neighborhood of her sponsor’s household.
Initial police investigations found that the maid had argued with the Pakistani driver who did not “let her go out and buy shawarma sandwich from a shop near the sponsor’s house,” alone, reported Gulf News.
The maid has denied any attempt of suicide.
As of yet, police await the return of the maid’s sponsor to determine the motives behind the incident.
- Sharjah court charges three maids with theft, possession of alcohol
- Couple accused of murdering Filipina maid sentenced to death in Kuwait
- Dubai hospital waives Dh2mn fee, lets maid in coma fly home
- Both suspects in murder of Filipina maid found in Kuwait freezer arrested
- Body of Filipina maid found in freezer flown home from Kuwait