While a Saudi man and his family were on a drive in the country’s suburbs, the least they expected was to see a giant rock fall onto their parked car.
The incident took place in As Sulayyil village in the city of Khamis Mushait, south of the kingdom.
Social media sites were bustling with the news of the near-death experience which the family survived.
Some Twitter users reminded those roaming the suburbs take necessary precautions and stay clear from standing under rocks and mountains, especially in light of the fluctuating weather witnessed in Saudi Arabia during this period.
- Blossoming almond trees blanket Saudi Arabia’s mountains like snow
- PHOTOS: A volcanic mountain in the middle of Red Sea in Saudi Arabia
- IN PICTURES: Saudi Arabia’s al-Ula to become world’s largest open museum
- PICTURES: Remains of meteor that struck Saudi Arabia four centuries ago
- WATCH: Chinese, Saudi archeologists unearth cultural relics in Saudi Arabia