The Dubai Police said on Thursday that they solved the mystery behind the murder of an African woman in the UAE, and captured the killer in 24 hours.
According to the concerned authorities, the crime was motivated by theft and financial disputes.
Maj. Gen. Khalil Al Mansouri, Assistant Commander-in-Chief of Criminal Investigation at Dubai Police said that police received a call claiming that a woman of African descent was dead in her apartment in al-Baraha.
Indeed, the woman was found lifeless in her toilet.
According to preliminary investigations, the victim was visiting the UAE when she and her killer, a 32-year-old Asian man, had a financial dispute where he ultimately strangled her to death, and stole her mobile phone and purse.
The Dubai Police unit setup a team on the case and nearly 24 hours after the incident, the man was arrested.
During questioning, the man admitted to strangling the woman and stealing her belongings after arguing about a large sum of money.
The accused has been referred to the concerned prosecution department for legal action.
- Police arrest five drug dealers in Dubai over 20kg heroin possession
- Dubai to police without policemen in new tech initiative that includes surveillance blimp
- Dubai Police considers using artificial intelligence to fight drug smuggling
- Forget RoboCop: Dubai Police unveils the ‘Smart Dog’
- Dubai Police grants mother’s wish, throws surprise birthday for little boy