High temperatures and humidity are only the tip of iceberg for summer in the Gulf.
Welcoming the warm season, Saudi Arabia witnessed a massive and rather breathtaking display of a sandstorm in Riyadh on Thursday.
Saudi photographer Fahad Bin Zarah manged to capture the thrilling scene showing the moment a blue cloudy sky turned into a beige haze.
The kingdom has witnessed a series of dire weather over the last couple of weeks varying from sandstorms to showery rains.
Earlier this week, a sandstorm left a plane shaking violently as it attempted a landing at Jazan Airport in southern Saudi Arabia.
- Extreme cold weather predicted in parts of Saudi Arabia this week
- PHOTOS: In high summer, imagine enjoying 18 degrees C weather in Saudi Arabia
- Weather warnings issued in Saudi Arabia and the UAE this week
- Water turns into ice due to freezing weather in Saudi Arabia
- VIDEO: Saudis save others in flash floods