It’s “Star Wars” Day.
Fans of the movie franchise are celebrating because Friday is May the Fourth, which sounds like the famous line from the movie, “May the force be with you.” It has been 41 years since the original movie premiered, and its fans celebrate across the galaxy.
Tickets have gone on sale for the next film, “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” which is slated to be in theaters on May 25.
A departure board at London’s Heathrow Airport features galaxy locations and characters.
Throughout the world, enthusiasts are dressing the part and indulging in food and drinks based on the franchise.
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Movie’ to get world premiere at Cannes Film Festival
- New ‘Star Wars’ films on way from ‘Game of Thrones’ creators, Disney says
- Hollywood stars back #TimesUp war on harassment as donations roll in
- ‘Star Wars’ passes ‘Beauty and the Beast’ as top 2017 earner
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ soars to $745 million worldwide