Russian man dies after viper snake bites tongue during stunt trick

Published: Updated:
Enable Read mode
100% Font Size

A man in Russia’s city of Astrakhan has died following an allergic reaction to a snake bite during a stunt performance to entertain fellow watermelon pickers.

According to a tabloid reports by The Daily Mail, the unidentified 55-year-old man was bitten on the tongue by the small steppe viper after his third time attempt at the trick.


For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

The man was later rushed to hospital after his tongue swelled up and suffered from anaphylactic shock.

According to Russian agency Interfax, the man was rushed to the intensive care unit of the Kharabalin regional hospital on September 22. The report said the man was entertaining his friends in the field when he put the snake in his mouth.

A video of the stunt was posted on social media and went viral.

Read more:

Omani cavers find snakes but no genies in Yemen’s ‘Well of Hell’

Snakes evolved from survivors of asteroid that wiped out dinosaurs

A snake, cat or tortoise: Here are the 10 longest living pets in the world

Top Content Trending