The Syrians protested demanding freedom and dignity, however years later after the Syrian crisis, they are facing the loss of their whole country and they are scattered around the world. Syria became an international battlefield, and since the regime lost its legitimate sovereignty, Russia and Iran became in control of Syrian sovereignty.
Syria: From revolution to occupation
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 4787 Views COVID-19 vaccine might be needed every year: UAE health spokesperson
- 3617 Views US Senate Republicans unite behind failed efforts to halt Trump impeachment trial
- 2120 Views Lebanese workers thrust into poverty, depression amid COVID-19 lockdown
- 1335 Views Coronavirus: Dubai changes travel protocols for inbound passengers from Jan. 31
- 504 Views Coronavirus: Morocco receives half million doses of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine
- 253 Views Indian farmers back at protest camp, tensions rise amid Republic Day aftermath
- 24600 Views Coronavirus: Dubai temporarily postpones Pfizer vaccine campaign amid global shortage
- 19970 Views Saudi Arabia’s PIF to invest 3 trillion riyals over next 10 years: Crown Prince
- 18305 Views Loud explosion heard in Saudi Arabia's capital Riyadh
- 10951 Views Saudi Arabia’s King Salman issues several new royal decrees
- 10197 Views Full moon to align directly above Kaaba in Mecca on Jan. 28
- 8776 Views Coronavirus: Dubai restaurants offer discounts for vaccinated diners