Sunday’s Paris march made for a beautiful scene as world leaders gathered to voice solidarity with France – a recent victim of an attack against its principles and revolution. We may not agree with most of the weekly magazine Charlie Hebdo’ content but we declared “I am Charlie” when it came to the issue of silencing an institution or an individual by force, murder, violence and terrorism. This has become a global phenomena, threatening Europe and the Arab world which has become a victim of terrorism and is living in its shadow. The situation from Iraq to Syria to Lebanon is not that different and the same applies to Yemen, Libya and other places that are now governed by the law of the jungle.
Solidarity, from Paris to Beirut
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 7960 Views Full moon to align directly above Kaaba in Mecca on Jan. 28
- 7489 Views Coronavirus: Dubai restaurants offer discounts for vaccinated diners
- 4545 Views Coronavirus: Entertainers, hopsitals react to Dubai’s new restrictions
- 1587 Views Britain, France and Germany ‘strongly condemn’ air attack on Saudi Arabia
- 1539 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia to get AstraZeneca shots in about a week from India
- 1409 Views Iran executes second wrestler months after executing champion wrestler Navid Afkari
- 23489 Views Coronavirus: Dubai temporarily postpones Pfizer vaccine campaign amid global shortage
- 18737 Views Saudi Arabia’s PIF to invest 3 trillion riyals over next 10 years: Crown Prince
- 10992 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders hospitals to cancel surgeries amid surge in COVID-19 cases
- 9428 Views The American University of Beirut’s battle for survival
- 8298 Views Coronavirus: Dubai suspends live entertainment permits as COVID-19 cases surge
- 8086 Views Coronavirus: Dubai's latest COVID-19 rules for weddings, restaurants, gyms, concerts