A Syrian boy known in his local neighborhood in the northern city of Aleppo as “biscuit seller” has become one of the most recent victims of a barrel bomb from President Bashar al-Assad’s regime forces, Al Arabiya News Channel reported on Saturday.
The boy - around 10 years of age - was shown in a video after the attack in the city’s Aleppo’s Bustan al-Qasr neighborhood, bending his shoulder while walking towards a group of helpers. With his right hand severely wounded, he was pronounced dead later.
He was remembered by Aleppo residents as the boy who used to sell biscuits and sweets to support his family.
On Friday, activists said that at least 20 civilians were killed in the attack.
Activist group Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Friday that barrel bombs dropped by Syrian government forces on rebel-held parts of the northern city of Aleppo have killed nearly 2,000 people so far this year.
The Britain-based group said were 1,963 deaths in 2014 from barrel bombs in Aleppo, including 283 women and 567 people under the age of 18.