Sudan’s new FM discusses regional issues on Al Arabiya’s ‘Diplomatic Avenue’
In this episode of Diplomatic Avenue, Sudan's new foreign minister Ibrahim Ghandour discussed regional issues, including the flood of refugees to Europe and his country’s ties with Washington.
Ghandour said that Sudan has welcomed 60,000 Syrian refugees so far, and said that the bordering nation of South Sudan was heavily threatened by division.
Al Arabiya's Talal al-Haj also spoke to the U.N.’s special representative on sexual violence in conflict, who revealed how the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is using sexual slavery against its victims.
Zainab Bangura said that sexual violence is part of the group’s policy.
She added that it was difficult to know the exact number of victims who have been sexually abused by ISIS.
- U.N. threatens sanctions if South Sudan peace deal isn’t kept
- Bahrain's King: My sons will be sent to help coalition forces in Yemen
- Death toll rises to 150 in South Sudan oil tanker blast
- Sudan’s new FM discusses regional issues on Al Arabiya’s ‘Diplomatic Avenue’
- China's Xi calls indicted Sudan's Bashir 'old friend'
- ‘Spoil peace, face consequences:’ U.S. warns South Sudan over ceasefire