Planes from the Saudi-led military coalition has bombed targets throughout Yemen’s capital Sanaa on Thursday, in what witnesses described as the fiercest series of attacks on the city in over five months of operations.
The air raids hit houses of political leaders from the Iran-allied Houthi movement and military bases, as explosions and wailing ambulance sirens had forced a sleepless night on the city’s nearly 2 million shell-shocked residents.
- Qatar sends ground troops to Yemen conflict
- Panorama: Is a ground intervention in Yemen’s Sanaa still an option?
- Arab troops deploy in central Yemen province
- Saudi to treat UAE, Bahraini soldiers killed in Yemen as citizens
- Twenty Indians killed in Yemen as more foreign troops reported arriving
- Gulf intervention in Yemen and the concept of deterrence