President Vladimir Putin on Sunday met with Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on the sidelines of the Russian Grand Prix in Sochi, Russia.
Prince Mohammed, who is also the Saudi Defence Minister, discussed bilateral ties with Putin, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in a statement.
The two also discussed Syria and steps to establish a peace process in the war-torn country, Lavrov added.
During the meeting, Russia rejected claims that it was not wholeheartedly targeting Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in Syria.
- Saudi calls on Russia to stop strikes on Syria
- 1800GMT: Putin meets Saudi Deputy Crown Prince in Russia
- Putin meets Saudi Deputy Crown Prince in Russia
- Russia sees progress with U.S., Saudi on Syria
- New U.S. special envoy for Syria to travel to Russia, Saudi Arabia
- Analysis: Could China slowdown threaten the Middle East’s oil market?