A federal judge has set June 25, 2019 as the trial date for a top fundraiser for US President Donald Trump, Elliott Broidy, in his lawsuit against the government of Qatar, according to Politico.
The parties will have until March 1, 2019 for discovery.
Broidy sued Qatar in March alleging that the Persian Gulf state hacked and leaked his emails to news outlets.
Previously Broidy, added new defendants to the lawsuit accusing Qatar of hacking his email and sharing its content with news corporations.
Broidy presented a modified complaint in which he added to the defendants the brother of Qatar’s Emir and Ahmed al-Rumaihi a former head of investments in the country’s sovereign wealth fund.
He is accusing Qatar of trying to discredit him by stealing and leaking emails that detailed his contacts with the Trump administration and the United Arab Emirates.
He said in the complaint that he is being targeted because of his strong opposition to Qatar as part of an effort led by Qatar Emir Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad al-Thani inorder to change US policy towards Doha.
Broidy also said that Doha sought to exploit hacking his emails to target him with negative press coverage and prevent him from criticizing Qatar.
Broidy was a deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee.