China urges the United States to respect the principles of the market economy and fair competition, the foreign ministry said on Thursday when asked about ByteDance saying China will need to approve its TikTok deal in the United States.
Foreign ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin made the comments at a regular media briefing.
For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app
ByteDance’s proposal for US software firm Oracle Corp to become a technology partner in its TikTok app will require approval from both Chinese and US officials, the company said on Thursday.
- Trump says no TikTok US deal yet amid security concerns
- YouTube showcases TikTok rival in India
- TikTok picks Oracle over Microsoft in Trump-forced sales bid
- TikTok owner ByteDance to invest billions in Singapore over three years
- Trump deadline looms for China’s TikTok to sell US business
- China’s new tech export control rules can potentially delay TikTok sale