An Egyptian female doctor acquired nation-wide praise this week for putting her life at risk after an unexpected miscarriage caused her to bleed while performing a surgery on another patient.
Doctor Mervat Mohamed Talaat miscarried her fetus while completing a caesarean surgery for another patient at the Luxor General Hospital, reports have said.
Talaat, who started severely hemorrhaging while operating, insisted to continue the procedure to ensure the delivering mother and her baby were fine. She then handled the operation to another doctor.
Talaat was later transferred to another room at the hospital to receive treatment.
It was discovered that Talaat suffered an ectopic pregnancy which eventually led to the miscarriage. An ectopic pregnancy occurs when pregnancy grows outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tubes.
People in the southern touristic city of Luxor, including the governor himself, decided to honor the doctor for her tremendous dedication at work.
Chairman of the Luxor Doctors Syndicate Ahmed Hamza said the syndicate would honor Talaat as well for her selflessness.
- India’s advice for pregnant women to shun meat, lust derided
- Tennis star Serena Williams suggests she is pregnant in social media post
- Mcdonald’s serves ‘Mclizard’ to pregnant Indian woman
- Lady Gaga steps in for pregnant Beyonce at Coachella music festival
- IN PICTURES: Pregnant Beyonce channels Ancient Egypt at Grammys
- Beyonce and Jay Z expecting twins