Beyonce, ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ top Apple’s ‘Best of 2014’
Pop star Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ took ‘Best Album’ while recent breakthrough Aussie rapper Iggy Azalea snatched ‘Best Song’
Tech-giant Apple released its “Best of 2014” list which included names and items from the entertainment and technology industries, Agence-France Presse reported.
Hip-hop queen Beyoncé topped the list of “Best Artists” in the U.S., she performed with her rapper husband Jay-Z through most of 2014 in their “On the Run” tour.
Pop star Taylor Swift’s “1989” took “Best Album” while recent breakthrough Aussie rapper Iggy Azalea snatched “Best Song” for her hit single “Fancy,” which featured Charli XCX.
UK native Sam Smith, known for “Stay With Me,” was crowned “Best Newcomer” by the list.
As for the big screen, “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “The Lego Movie” were named “Best Blockbuster” and “Best Family Movie” respectively.
Richard Linklater got the title of "Best Director" for his coming-of-age saga “Boyhood.”
Brain-training app “Elevate” was awarded “App of the Year” while Game of the Year" went to number puzzle “Threes!”
The runners up were Hyperlapse from Instagram and “Leo's Fortune.”
The full list of Apple's "Best of 2014" choices can be seen on iTunes.
- Beyonce, Pharrell, Sam Smith lead in Grammy nods
- The Muslim Grammy Awards? New event to spotlight Islamic stars
- Grammy-winner Seal to perform at Dubai World Cup
- Grammy winning artist Wyclef Jean collaborates with Emirati DJs
- Apple’s boasts new feature for iMessages
- Has Christian Bale pulled out of the Steve Jobs biopic?
- First Apple computer sells for record $905k in NY: Bonhams