.
.
.
.

Saudi Arabia condemns Manchester bomb attack

Published: Updated:

An official source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has expressed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's strong condemnation of the bomb attack in Manchester in the United Kingdom which led to killing and wounding dozens of victims.

The source in its statement reaffirmed the Kingdom's solidarity with the United Kingdom, underscoring the importance of joining international efforts to eradicate the scourge of terrorism and extremism.

The official source offered the Kingdom's condolences to the families of the victims, the Government and the people of the United Kingdom, wishing a speedy recovery for the wounded.

A blast on Monday night at a concert in the English city of Manchester where US singer Ariana Grande had been performing left at least 22 people dead and about 50 injured in what British police said was being treated as a terrorist incident.

The man behind a terror attack at a pop concert in Manchester late Monday died when he detonated his device, killing 22 others including children and injuring 59 people, police said on Tuesday.