Egypt's interior ministry has instructed police to use live ammunition in dealing with attacks on government buildings and police forces, the interior ministry said Thursday, reported Al Arabiya News.
“The interior ministry has instructed all forces to use live ammunition to counter any attacks on government buildings or forces,” a statement to AFP said, after Islamists killed two policemen and torched a provincial government headquarters in Cairo.
- Egypt refers 84 to military prosecutors after bloody crackdown
- Egypt’s Brotherhood vows to bring down ‘military coup’
- U.S. weighs canceling military exercise with Egypt
- ElBaradei’s resignation garners mixed reactions in Egypt
- Security: Egypt closes Gaza border crossing indefinitely
- Obama cancels joint military exercise with Egypt