The third edition of the world’s largest light art festival, Noor Riyadh, has returned to Saudi Arabia’s capital.
Running from November 30 to December 16, the festival showcases the talents of more than 100 globally acclaimed artists, exploring light as a force that brings people together.
The festival features an exciting array of workshops, artistic experiences, guided tours, family activities and talks for visitors of all backgrounds. While emerging artists can enjoy discussions on various creative mediums, families and children will have a chance to create music and generative art under the supervision of world class talent.
Noor Riyadh combines the highest quality light artworks from leading international and Saudi artists, across the largest city footprint of any light art festival worldwide.
Staged under Riyadh Art, the festival aims to nurture local talent and inspire youth to drive Saudi Arabia’s creative economy.
Riyadh is on a 10-year mission to become one of the world’s most liveable and competitive cities, a global center that is open for business, and one that welcomes everyone from around the world.
With a young and rapidly growing population of more than 7 million residents, Riyadh is transforming into a vibrant and cosmopolitan metropolis.
The Riyadh Art project was developed to turn the whole capital into a creative canvas – a gallery without walls – to enrich lives, ignite creative expression and kindle the creative economy.
Riyadh Art is a demonstration of the open, accessible, and creative transformation of the capital, where the exchange of ideas through creative expression develops a deeper sense of mutual understanding and respect.
With Noor Riyadh entering its second week, here’s a selection of 10 highlights that should not be missed:
- Noor Talks: The Young Arts Ecosystem: This panel discussion explores Saudi Arabia’s fast-growing arts ecosystem through the eyes of younger artists in the Riyadh Art program. During this panel discussion, Nada Al Turki, Ibrahim Romman, Raghad Al Subaie and Maya Alathel will discuss the need to ensure sustainable and meaningful structures for future generations. 7pm on December 8 at JAX District
- The Art of Sound, Light and Architecture: Learn more about the artistic practices on show at Noor Riyadh with a workshop, exploring the use of sound, light and architecture. Led by artists Latifa Al Bokhari and Abdulrahman Taha. 7pm on December 7, 8, 9,14 and 15 at JAX District
- Drawing Noor Riyadh: Experiment with a range of mark making tools and methodologies to reimagine some of the works on show at Noor Riyadh during a drawing workshop led by Muath Al Hazmi at. 7pm on December 5, 10,11 and 12 at JAX District
- Urban Movement: Explore the relationships between people and places with an artist-led workshop by Bilal Allaf, where urban signals and signs are used to develop a set of collaborative movements and performances. 9pm on December 7, 8, 9, 14 and 15 at JAX District
- Legends of Lore: Immerse yourself in an enchanting storytelling session and compete for the title of 'Master Storyteller of Legends' with the participation of artist Hatem Al-Ahmad. Assisted by role-playing and props, visitors will guide one another through timeless legends and tales, connected to the works on show at Noor Riyadh. 9pm on December 8 and 15 at Wadi Hanifa
- The Art Trail Treasure Hunt: Embark on a playful treasure hunt and immerse yourself in rich visual and sensory experiences, offering deeper perspectives on the art installations on show at Noor Riyadh. 8pm on December 4, 9, 10 and 11 at Salam Park
- Architectural Art Walk: Explore the delicate relationship between architecture and public spaces on a guided walk. Along the way, visitors are invited to reflect on Riyadh's dynamic blend of culture and design, unearthing societal transitions and fresh perspectives. 9pm on December 8, 9, 13 and 14 at KAFD
- Generative Art: Give children a glimpse into the future of generative art with an immersive workshop exploring the relationship between art and technology. 7pm daily, until December 16 at Wadi Namar
- Guiding Hands: Teach your children to slow down, enhance their visual memory and collaborate better. During this workshop they will first wander through artworks, and then try to creatively recreate the work using different colors and mediums.7pm daily, until December 16 at Salam Park
- Making Music: Give your children a chance to play and write music with a music theory workshop focused on developing natural sounds. 7pm on December 8 and 15 at Salam Park
Three takeaways as Al Hilal triumphs in Riyadh derbyIn front of a vociferous home crowd at the King Fahd Stadium, Al Hilal produced a ... Sports
Ronaldo walks off to chants of ‘Messi, Messi’ as his team loses 3-0 in Riyadh derbyCristiano Ronaldo walked off the field with the gleeful chants of “Messi, Messi, ... Saudi Arabia
Saudi capital Riyadh wins World Expo 2030 bidThe Saudi capital Riyadh on Tuesday won the right to host the 2030 World Expo, ... Saudi Arabia