British officials want ministers to decide “within days” whether France should be placed on Britain’s travel ‘red list’ for the most dangerous COVID hot spots which require hotel-based quarantine, Sky News reported on Friday.
“I’m told Whitehall believe there is a short window to make a decision on France -- possibly just days,” Sky deputy political editor Sam Coates said on Twitter.
Read the latest updates in our dedicated coronavirus section.
“France is the second biggest holiday destination after Spain. Most state schools break up next Friday. There’s a belief a decision needs to be made before then,” he added.
- APEC leaders vow to accelerate global access to coronavirus vaccines
- Indonesia’s religious minister urges people not to travel for Eid al-Adha
- China reviewing WHO plan for further probe into coronavirus origins
- Australian leaders under pressure to contain COVID-19 outbreak
- UK’s top medic warns of ‘scary’ COVID-19 numbers in hospital
- WHO proposes fresh COVID-19 mission to China and lab audits