Udinese’s Moroccan defender, Mehdi Benatia, said he would consider moving to another team if he received a tempting European offer, Al-Ahram website reported Wednesday.
The player – who is linked to several Premier League clubs, including Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham – said that he was “loving his time” in Italy.
“The league is a very good one and, to be honest, an important Italian team will always be my first choice, unless a huge English, Spanish or German club comes for me,” he said.
Italian trio AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus and Fiorentina football clubs are reportedly interested in Banatia, whose contract expires in 2017.
- Activist Malala Yousafzai launches football for peace initiative
- Iranian robots do battle on the football pitch
- European football determined to reward Israel
- Bahrain’s football federation head sidesteps rights abuse claims
- English football shaken by return of hooliganism
- Moroccan football hooligans rampage in Casablanca
- International football tournament under way in Dubai