They say love has no boundaries, and one Indian man living in the UAE has taken his love for his fiancée to new heights.
The 26-year-old civil engineer attempted to sneak onto a plane after he broke into the Sharjah Airport runway, reported Khaleej Times on Thursday.
He was arrested minutes after a luggage loader noticed him attempting to sneak in.
The man in question said to the newspaper that his actions were an act of love. He was quoted saying: “I want to say I'm a free man and our life is ours. I did this act because I wanted to travel back to India to meet my fiancée, whatever the price I have to pay.”
During his trial, it was learned that the man’s passport was being held by his employer, who happened to be a relative, which is why he did not purchase a ticket.
The engineer said he has no regrets for his actions and simply “cannot live without [his] fiancée.” He is yet to seek his parents’ blessings, he added.
- UAE sandstorm disrupts air traffic in Dubai: airport
- Despite UK ‘airport revolt,’ UAE travelers must still show boarding passes
- Indian groom jilted by bride Lovely at the altar over bungled math quiz
- Love Commandos helping Indian couples escape prejudice
- Indian conjoined twins find love with the same man